Now is your opportunity to be part of leading examples of digital development within government. ONS is committed to improving its operations with a digital by default approach that always starts with putting our users first. You can read more about this approach to developing our services via the GDS Service Manual.
Two key digital projects we’re currently recruiting for are:
- The eQ project that is delivering a flexible online questionnaire system which will drive the collection of data which feeds into the official statistics the ONS produces.
- The Publishing Transformation team; that is responsible for redeveloping the public face of the ONS online.
Like GDS we’re not looking for ninjas, rockstars, gurus or unicorns. We are looking for great people. Talented, enthusiastic and passionate people who are excited by the challenge of designing and creating user-centred digital services.
Currently we are looking for;
|Title / Apply||Location||Salary & Benefits||Application closing date|
|Senior Web Ops/Developer||Newport||£31,150 – £38,100 plus up to £11,963 market rate premium depending on skills and experience.||24 February 2016|
|UX Designers||Newport||£31,150 – £38,100 plus up to £11,963 market rate premium depending on skills and experience.||24 February 2016|
|Front-end developer||Newport||£31,150 – £38,100 plus up to £11,963 market rate premium depending on skills and experience.||24 February 2016|
|Data Visualisation Scientist||Titchfield||£25,587 – £31,336||24 February 2016|
The ONS offers:
- flexible working
- a Civil Service Pension
- on-site nursery at our Newport site
- on-site gym
- free car-parking
- eyecare vouchers
- cycle-to-work scheme
- training/conference budget with scope for gaining qualifications
- annual leave allowance of 25 days (increasing to 30 days after five years service) with 8 days’ bank and public holidays and also the Queen’s Birthday privilege holiday.
All of these positions are closing next week (24th Feb), you still have time to apply!
More information about the projects related to these, can be found in the links below:
- ONSdigital eQ Blog
- ONSdigital Beta Website Blog
- ONSdigital Beta Website
- ONSdigital GitHub Repositories